Monday, October 25, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dearest Adrienne,

Your 31st birthday!!!!! Where have the years gone? 31 years ago they wheeled me into surgery, delivered a 5 lb. 14 oz. baby girl and life flighted her off to Hermann. I saw you about 6 days later. My little girl and it wasn't at all what they told us it would be. A totally different diagnosis and you would be with us forever! Dr. Adcock sure was mistaken. But maybe there is a little to be thankful for in that. You were treated more like a normal child than I would have been with you had I known you were only going to be with me for 23 years.

This is the eighth birthday since you left to go live with God. It doesn't seem that it was that long ago. I know Heaven is wonderful for you. None of the trials and tribulations that you had here on earth. Finally a perfect life for you! It doesn't make the pain of not having you any less for me though!

I hung up my angel picture that I had made here (it got a little messed up in the mail) and had a second one made for my office at work. I can always look at the pictures and imagine you walking through beautiful fields of flowers in Heaven. I find some comfort in that vision.

Hope your birthday with God was fabulous today! I love and miss you dearly. Still waiting for that special dream.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment